Custom Blister shells for Package of NanoFil packages For Consumer Packaging
( Click image to enlarge )
In the project highlighted here, Package Development Co., Inc. was hired by Berkeley Fishing Company to design and manufacture the custom packaging for their NanoFil Uni-Filament fishing line. Collaborating with the customer we designed and developed the packaging to fit their unique specifications, resulting in a twist out blister packaging solution. The customer twists the blister counterclockwise to break the sealed tab and pull the spool from the blister. The spool snaps back into the blister after the desired amount of fishing line is removed. Our advanced ultra high-pressure thermoform machine was employed to manufacture the blister, which was composed of post-consumer recycled PET. An 8-station automatic blister package sealing machine was utilized for the forming and sealing processes, attaching the blister to 18 pt. solid bleached sulphate paperboard.
Dimensions of the completed packaging were 3.664" in diameter, and 0.795" in thickness, all to tolerance of 0.001". Our professionals boast over 300 years of collaborative engineering and packaging experience, ensuring our customers will receive the best product possible at a cost effective rate.
For more details about this patented twist out blister packaging project or the other custom packaging capabilities available please see the table below or contact us directly.
Additional Example Images
Custom Blister Shells Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Berkley NanoFil Fishing Line
- Product Description
- Twist out Blister Packaging for Fishing Lines
- Capabilities Applied/ Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Thermoform Blister manufacture primarily in house, on an engineered, ultra-high pressure thermoform machine with proprietary indexing accuracy. Packaged utilizing an 8-station automatic blister package sealing machine.
- Over 300 years of collaborative engineering and package development experience.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Diameter: 3.664"
- Tightest Tolerances
- + / - one thousand of an inch
- Material Used
- Clear Blister from Post-Consumer Recycled PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)
Solid Bleached Sulphate (18 pt. SBS)
- Additional Facts
- Twist blister counterclockwise to break the sealed tab
Pull spool from blister; after removing the desired amount of fishing line, snap spool back into blister
Other Vendors that were essential Starview Packaging Machinery, Inc. , Multifeeder , and Thermoformer Package Development Co. Inc.
US Patent Application No: 2012/0228,177
Berkley Fishing Line- Patent Published
- Industry for Use
- Consumer Packaging
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
Back to Top