Custom Packaging of Food for Ferraro Rocher
( Click image to enlarge )
At Package Development Co., Inc. we specialize in helping customers overcome their packaging challenges. In the project highlighted here, we were commissioned by the Ferraro Rocher food company to overhaul a number of existing injection-molded packaging products. We consulted with the company to reach the design that would satisfy all of their specifications including their tight time frame, and the specialized standards regarding food packaging such as temperature, permeation, oxygen levels, shelf life, and tamper resistance.
Our ultra-high pressure thermoform machine was employed to manipulate clear recycled PET and metalized gold PET into the various shapes and sizes called for. Our thermoformed packaging proved to be more flexible and faster to produce than their previous injection molded packaging, along with lower tool cost that resulted in a considerable cost savings. Packaging is rapidly turned around, handling low to high volume with shipments to customer locations in USA, Mexico, South America, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Products are held to the highest industry standards, subjected to stringent testing protocols by our team of internal specialists and screened with our customized QC/QA process.
For more details about this custom food packaging project, or the other packaging capabilities we offer please see the table below or contact us directly.
Additional Example Images
Custom Packaging of Food for Ferraro Rocher Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Ferrero Rocher Food Packaging
- Product Description
- Food Packaging for Ferraro Rocher
- Capabilities Applied/ Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Thermoform part manufactured on a mostly in-house, engineered, ultra-high pressure thermoform machine with proprietary index accuracy.
- Over 300 years of collaborative engineering and package development experience
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Many Sizes
- Tightest Tolerances
- + / - 0.10
- Material Used
- Clear recycled polyethylene terephthalate (rPET) and metalized gold PET
- Material Finish
- Gold and water clear
- Additional Facts
Converted their previous injection molded package design into a thermoform application and were able to manufacture the packaging within a tight time frame. In addition to meeting the requirements it also provided a substantial cost savingsIn addition to the general package design and display there may be special considerations for food packaging that may include temperature, permeation, oxygen, shelf life, tamper resistance, and many other factors.
- In process testing/inspection performed
- PDI has developed a customized QA/QC process, adopted from years of testing and customer audit responses. We believe our team of internal specialists has been trained to the highest standard. Along with a policy of stringent testing and record retention, we regularly surpass all customer expectations.
- Industry for Use
- Food Packaging
- Low to High
- Delivery/ Turnaround Time
- Quick Turn Around
- Delivery Location
- USA, Mexico, South America, Puerto Rico, Canada
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
Back to Top