Custom redesign for a Greener Packaging Line
( Click image to enlarge )
At Package Development Co., Inc. we are experienced with the nuances of packaging medical products, maintaining the necessary safeguards to protect the product and preserve sterility. In the project highlighted here, our packaging abilities were commissioned by US Endoscopy, a manufacturer of niche medical supplies. Launching a green initiative, they wanted to redesign their hinged clamshell type overall packaging into a more sustainable model. Our design team was able to reconfigure their packaging by reducing the material gauge and eliminating the paperboard sleeve. This reduced the carbon footprint by 30% while still retaining a sound and strong package.
The new packaging was manufactured utilizing PET, formed to customer specifications on our ultra high pressure thermoforming system. Dimensions of the completed package are 12" x 7.5" x 1.25". Turnaround time for this high volume production was just 4 weeks, shipping to the customer in the Northeast. We pride ourselves on meeting customer challenges head on, successfully implementing their requirements into packaging and displays that exceed expectations.
For more details about our specialized packaging services, or more about meeting green and sustainability packaging goals please see the table below or contact us directly.
Additional Example Images
Custom redesign for a Greener Packaging Line Project Highlights
- Product Name
- (ETrap) Green Packaging for U.S. Endoscopy
- Product Description
- (ETrap) Redesign Hinged clamshell type Overall Packaging with a green initiative
- Capabilities Applied/ Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- In house, engineered, ultra-high pressure thermoform machine with proprietary indexing accuracy
- Over 300 years of collaborative engineering and package development experience. No customer challenge can’t be met.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 12" x 7.5" x 1.25"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Additional Facts
- Company U.S. Endoscopy
- Medical products and devices are packaged in order to maintain sterility of the product and to provide effective protection of the product and to maintain product integrity throughout the process of distribution and handling.
- Able to downgrade the gauge of material, and eliminate the use of paperboard.
- Able to reduce carbon foot print by 30%, fulfilling the company’s green initiative.
- In process testing/ inspection performed
- PDI has developed a customized QA/QC process, adopted from years of testing and customer audit responses. We believe our team of internal specialists has been trained to the highest standard. Along with a company policy of stringent testing and record retention, we regularly surpass all customer expectations.
- Industry for Use
- Medical Packaging
- Delivery/ Turnaround Time
- 4 weeks
- Delivery Location
- N/E USA
- Standards Met
- Customer New Requirements (Greener, less plastic)
Back to Top